>

:: love ::

"but the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. against such things there is no law." galatians5//22-23
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
schlafen
*yawns* Just a quick post before I go to bed. Because I'm tired. And actually got nothing done tonight. Yuck for unproductivity. But I did spend time with Mr. Birthday Boy, so that's good.

Today's Daniel's 6th birthday. He wasn't really excited -- party was on Saturday. As far as he's concerned, his birthday's over, so he was probably just like "What are you on about, woman? Stop sullying my ears with your warbling" when we were singing happy birthday. Oh well. He got a sleep in today because he just wouldn't get out of bed. Eventually got him up, though and he was quite chatty afterwards. Chatty's usually a good sign. Not for your ears, obviously, but he's more agreeable when he's bubbly. A bit slow because he apparently can't do things and talk your ear off at the same time. But hey, at least you don't have to forcibly remove him from the house and dump him in the car. Not that I've done that since last summer. HURRAY!

And then I had brunch with Davida, Katie and Andrea -- my Wednesday lunchtime buddies. It was the absolutely last time ever that I'm gonna be having lunch with them as a whole group because Davida's transferring to USyd to be back with her family in Sydney. :( :( :( It's so odd to think that one of the best friends that I've made is leaving. These girls are made of awesome and I'm gonna miss them so much this summer. And Katie's going to Japan to model for 10 weeks. 10 WEEKS! It's almost pathetic how "OHMYGOSH, never gonna see each other again" our goodbyes got. Hugs all around, though! And we'll definitely meet again. Maybe just not in Canberra and not all together. :(

But anyway, went to Supabarn and Aldi to get groceries for Dot to make the birthday cake and me to make the birthday dinner. YAY for chocolate sponge cake+icecream! Well, there goes my diet. Must get back on track tomorrow. No more eating like a pig. Or someone with an amazing metabolism. No wonder I'm tired now, junk does not help. Pizza turned out pretty good, except I freaked out and thought that one wouldn't be enough, so we have a whole one sitting in the oven all lonely. :( Don't worry, it's smaller than my two hands put together - not that much to finish, but I must must must go for run/walk/exercisy thingy tomorrow. I wonder if I have any errands to run in Manuka?

And then I played chess with Daniel (I'm his favourite opponent because he always wins, but I'm getting the hang of it (not to mention, this time I didn't have dishes to wash and a boy to get ready for school. And I won the grown-up chess and Daniel won the beginner's chess. So we're even and I didn't get a grumpy boy!

Then he read Bible stories (Daniel 4) for his bedtime story. Talking about Bible verses, this 'poet' came up to me at the bus interchange today and wanted to sell me his work for $2, but I didn't really want to. Maybe I should've, but give me Matt's poetry any day! But the linky point was that he sometimes had Bible verses at the bottom of a poem. Which leads me to think: maybe I *should*'ve bought it. *shrugs* Too late now!

Have a good night. xxx

Labels: , , , ,

posted by vonbon @ 10:09 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 14/11/07 11:37, Blogger clairesie said…

    Happy birthday to Daniel! Hope he had a wonderful day ^_^

    Was the 'poet' really tall? If so, he's Rudi, he goes to St John's... he's nice, tad crazy though. Haven't seen him in ages... he knew me by name for a while though... *shrug* meep

     
  • At 15/11/07 11:18, Blogger vonbon said…

    No, he wasn't. His name was... Peter something. *shrug* Thank you! I'll pass the birthday wishes on!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 :: love :: | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.

Yvonne a.k.a. Von, Mum, Che [姐](Dot), Dada[大大] (Dan), Vonnie, Yv (Ling), Vonnles (which is how Trudy spells it), Vonnals (which is how Jasmine spells it), Von Bon (Ann), Bon Bon (my grandma), Mommy (Nick, who is not very subtle with his hinting), ィヴォン, ボンボンちゃん

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, in your name I will lift up my hands psalm63.1-4

:: brown hair :: brown eyes :: asian skin :: asian eyes :: asian glasses :: short :: short :: short :: shy :: paranoid :: noisy :: bouncy when i want to be :: gullible :: procrastinator :: perfectionist :: maker-of-dodgy-cookies :: writer-of-dodgy-songs :: dodgy-singer-of-good-songs :: eater-of-almost-everything :: reader-of-almost-everything :: writer-of-almost-nothing :: daughter :: big sister :: little sister :: mum :: friend :: doll ::


le futur
:: saturday the 11th ::
5pm.choir
7pm.yf

:: sunday the 12th ::
joyce's birthday
9am.church
11.30am.joyce's birthday lunch
3pm.lulu's choir recital

:: monday the 13th ::
3pm.working

:: wednesday the 15th ::
6pm.work meeting

:: thursday the 16th ::
linguistics transcription assignment due.

:: friday the 17th ::
french writing exercice #2 due.
international ball.
40h famine.

:: saturday the 18th ::
40h famine.

les langues
la lecture
bavarder



les copains
je vous promis
  • Spend a considerable amount of time with God every day
  • No swearing
  • Exercise at least 3 times a week
  • Von-time for reflection every month -- analyse how I react to things and people, how close I'm getting to people, etc.
  • No lying
  • Be more joyful and caring
  • Be less selfish
  • Be more subtle
  • Be more conscientious with money
  • Get a job
  • Keep said job
  • Keep in touch with grammar girls
  • Join a gym
  • Speak Canto with Lynn
  • Speak French with Nay
  • Don't lose my languages
  • Save up money to visit Rach in America
  • Keep up piano
  • Spend less time on the internet
  • Coffee with Meera and Lynn once a month if Meera's in Canberra
  • Looooong walks with Lynn
  • Be sensible -- set boundaries and don’t break them
  • Be a better daughter
  • Keep in touch with (and visit) Mutsumi
  • Start reading again
  • Finish Emma and Mansfield Park
  • Read a Shakespeare play
  • Journal more frequently
  • Consider keeping a written journal
  • Don't depend so much on other people
  • Make time for Lynn, Meera and Nay
  • Keep in touch with Grammar people -- esp. Lulu and Claire
  • Weekly/monthly Grammar coffees
l'imparfait
the ghost of christmas past...
grâce à ...

make money online blogger templates