>

:: love ::

"but the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. against such things there is no law." galatians5//22-23
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
lâcher
stump was awesome!!! if i told you all about it, that would take days, so these are the highlights:

  • scat :: these guys were awesome! if they're going to be there next year, i'm definitely going. although, i'm going anyway, but will stay up late to watch them if i have to. *nods*
  • gathering 2 and mike pilavachi :: i have never laughed so much in my life, well maybe in yr10... still. the circus girls were awesome, although everytime they did the falling thing my heart leapt into my throat. i never know how people can do things like that
  • michael frost & tim costello :: i am now challenged to live a life that's more concerned with everyone around me, and not just the people living in my little microcosm -- but everywhere else because it's God's command and because everything bad tarnishes the image of God. micah6.8. i don't know what i expected tim costello to be like -- but this wasn't it and he exceeded expectations by so much.
  • carolyn kitto :: ling, i'm sorry you were asleep for this, because i think you would have liked it. she talked about how you know what God's will for your life is. saw it with parents and frankly, was kinda weird because of that. ah well...
  • sunday night :: as with last year, stayed up late sun night, just because. finally went to sacred space, but i liked last year's better with the labyrinth. although i'm sure they would have had a labyrinth this year because they had that elective session on it. maybe it was outside...
  • get off your butt :: i will always remember stump '06 as the year of the underpants -- there were literally metres and metres of underwear hanging around the village. all because of the micah challenge. :)
  • the fire :: thanks nate... next time we need to set fire to something, we'll definitely take your advice :P don't worry... we didn't actually set anything alight, and it definitely made us able to go see playjerise quicker. too bad there was a complete fire ban during stump...

went to floriade with lynn today and encountered some really aggressive birds. nay and dot, i don't share your paranoia with birds, but some of these were truly scary. there was this swan who dragged another swan away from the food so that it could have more. lynn and i tried to boycott it, but then forgot which one it was because there were 6 and they all look alike. talked about nothing and everything and then went back to ann and lynn's house and tried to sing 'getting into you' -- failed miserably. ah well. next time...

even though i normally have huge objection to songs of songs:

all night long on my bed i looked for the one my heart loves; i looked for him
but did not find him. i will get up now and go about the city, through its
streets and squares; i will search for the one my heart loves. so i looked for
him but did not find him... scarcely had i passed them when i found the one my
heart loves. i held him and would not let him go

and because of english orals at the end of last term (oh how good it feels to say 'last term')

I long to talk with some old lover's ghost,
Who died before the god of love was born.
I cannot think that he, who then loved most,
Sunk so low as to love one which did scorn.
But since this god produced a destiny,
And that vice-nature, custom, lets it be,
I must love her that loves not me.

Sure, they which made him god, meant not so much,
Nor he in his young godhead practised it.
But when an even flame two hearts did touch,
His office was indulgently to fit
Actives to passives. Correspondency
Only his subject was ; it cannot be
Love, till I love her, who loves me.

But every modern god will now extend
His vast prerogative as far as Jove.
To rage, to lust, to write to, to commend,
All is the purlieu of the god of love.
O ! were we waken'd by this tyranny
To ungod this child again, it could not be
I should love her, who loves not me.

Rebel and atheist too, why murmur I,
As though I felt the worst that love could do?
Love might make me leave loving, or might try
A deeper plague, to make her love me too ;
Which, since she loves before, I'm loth to see.
Falsehood is worse than hate ; and that must be,
If she whom I love, should love me.

for those who can't be stuffed, it's about love unrequited.

I DON'T LIKE THIS HAIRCUT!!! -- i have 2 months til my formal and i cannot deal with my hair looking like this! but i have a plan, and the plan better work -- am going to ringlet-curl my hair and then pin the top bit up with pretty pins... when i find the pretty pins.

ling -- you have got me hooked on star wars! i have now watched an episode every night. don't know if i want to see 1, 2 and 3. but am now watching it for han solo and princess leia... *sigh* i know, i know. am hopeless romantic. what you gonna do about it?

posted by vonbon @ 8:18 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 13/10/06 11:27, Blogger ling said…

    Scat is awesome! Scat is awesome! awesome! Awesome and more awesome! did I mention how awesome they are? haha

    Star wars is great *grins* so corny, I don't think you're missing out on much watching '1, 2 & 3' especially 3... *shudders* now that's what I call bad acting and definately bad chemistry, but if you're like Dev and say it flows with the theme of 'corniness' then I guess it's okay...Padme (natlie portman) is so pretty though ^_^

    I'm sure your hair is absolutely fine... mullet eh? Why don't you cut it again? how short is it?
    ^_^ Have fun at your formal, I'm sure you'll look absolutely breathtaking...

     
  • At 14/10/06 11:50, Blogger vonbon said…

    Awww... Thanks Ling :) Will try my best to live up to that expectation. *checks out hair in the mirror and groans*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 :: love :: | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.

Yvonne a.k.a. Von, Mum, Che [姐](Dot), Dada[大大] (Dan), Vonnie, Yv (Ling), Vonnles (which is how Trudy spells it), Vonnals (which is how Jasmine spells it), Von Bon (Ann), Bon Bon (my grandma), Mommy (Nick, who is not very subtle with his hinting), ィヴォン, ボンボンちゃん

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, in your name I will lift up my hands psalm63.1-4

:: brown hair :: brown eyes :: asian skin :: asian eyes :: asian glasses :: short :: short :: short :: shy :: paranoid :: noisy :: bouncy when i want to be :: gullible :: procrastinator :: perfectionist :: maker-of-dodgy-cookies :: writer-of-dodgy-songs :: dodgy-singer-of-good-songs :: eater-of-almost-everything :: reader-of-almost-everything :: writer-of-almost-nothing :: daughter :: big sister :: little sister :: mum :: friend :: doll ::


le futur
:: saturday the 11th ::
5pm.choir
7pm.yf

:: sunday the 12th ::
joyce's birthday
9am.church
11.30am.joyce's birthday lunch
3pm.lulu's choir recital

:: monday the 13th ::
3pm.working

:: wednesday the 15th ::
6pm.work meeting

:: thursday the 16th ::
linguistics transcription assignment due.

:: friday the 17th ::
french writing exercice #2 due.
international ball.
40h famine.

:: saturday the 18th ::
40h famine.

les langues
la lecture
bavarder



les copains
je vous promis
  • Spend a considerable amount of time with God every day
  • No swearing
  • Exercise at least 3 times a week
  • Von-time for reflection every month -- analyse how I react to things and people, how close I'm getting to people, etc.
  • No lying
  • Be more joyful and caring
  • Be less selfish
  • Be more subtle
  • Be more conscientious with money
  • Get a job
  • Keep said job
  • Keep in touch with grammar girls
  • Join a gym
  • Speak Canto with Lynn
  • Speak French with Nay
  • Don't lose my languages
  • Save up money to visit Rach in America
  • Keep up piano
  • Spend less time on the internet
  • Coffee with Meera and Lynn once a month if Meera's in Canberra
  • Looooong walks with Lynn
  • Be sensible -- set boundaries and don’t break them
  • Be a better daughter
  • Keep in touch with (and visit) Mutsumi
  • Start reading again
  • Finish Emma and Mansfield Park
  • Read a Shakespeare play
  • Journal more frequently
  • Consider keeping a written journal
  • Don't depend so much on other people
  • Make time for Lynn, Meera and Nay
  • Keep in touch with Grammar people -- esp. Lulu and Claire
  • Weekly/monthly Grammar coffees
l'imparfait
the ghost of christmas past...
grâce à ...

make money online blogger templates