>

:: love ::

"but the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. against such things there is no law." galatians5//22-23
Sunday, April 08, 2007
rapporter

I’ve been ordered by Tim to update, and so here I am.

Of cars and jumpstarts
I guess, first of all – my car broke down again today. We took my car to lunch today, and went to drop Tim off at the Phillip Iceskating Rink, because apparently Lulu, Tessa and the rest were going iceskating that day. Silly Von, it didn’t click when he said it at church, so we (ok, really James) drove there and we waited for Tim to get Lulu out to see us. Music playing, Mark paying James out, physical threats of all kinds, my world was normal. Then Timmy came back sans Lulu, and I remembered that I also got invited to iceskating… on Friday. Uh oh. Then we went, oh well, communication problems happen all the time, let’s just go have lunch and the car wouldn’t start. So we call Ken Li – he can come, but no jump start cable. Then we call Uncle Tony because we figure he’s nearer by, so he comes but we still can’t get the car to start. So, panicky Von calls Dad and he comes and it’s a miracle. Seems like Uncle Tony shouldn’t have trusted us to attach the cables because apparently we suck.

Oh, and the reason the battery died? Someone left the light on in the back seat. *sigh*

Of excitement and money spent
GUESS WHAT. I got the new Brooke Fraser cd today. I ditched James and Tim to go to JB Hi-fi, find the cd, get lost trying to find the cashier, but I’ve got it! (Besides, they were getting KFC, and you know what Von thinks of it all.) She is sooooo talented, and the lyrics are so sad.

Von: *hands Tim cd case* Read the middle bit – it’s so sad!
James: Why would you read something that was sad?
Tim: Maybe because people like sad things?


I love it love it love it. Yaaay for Albertine!

Of Easter Eggs and bouncy children
Apparently someone didn’t know I worked at after school care. Well here it is, in capital letters too, I WORK WITH CHILDREN. There you go.

Anyway, I was working on Thursday, and I think the children were exchanging Easter eggs all day, and by the time they go to after school care, some of them were really high. Like practically bouncing off walls high. Von was traumatised.

Of assignments and time spent well
Well, the last week of uni was crazy. Normally, I’m able to get my priorities straight and put people first, but I’ve been neglecting everyone this past week, and I’m soooo sorry. I will spend less time wasting time on the net, but instead will keep absolutely on top of my work, so come test period, I will still be able to talk to people. I even missed Bible Study on Wednesday, which I love. *sigh* I’m sorry, Joyce.

But it’s the holidays now, and I really need to catch up with people, which I don’t think I can end up doing. Because I got coerced into working. And also going to Sydney. But I want to go. I have people to catch up with, who I never get to talk to, mainly because internet is so unreliable. *sigh* But also because Von is a lazy bum.

Of change and cattiness

Tim: Now there’s the old Von, not the new catty Von.


Joke, or no, have I really changed that much? Is there an old Von and a new Von? What circumstances wrought this change? Is it a bad thing?


Aaaaand I think that’s it.

Le coeur
Even though I have my doubts about you never reading this… I’ll write anyway. I’m so grateful that I have you. Even though things might have been a lot more straightforward before, I’ve got you now and I’m not letting go. I wouldn’t be Von without you, because you’ve been around longer than most people I know, and knowing that you’ll be disappointed in me makes me try all the harder not to do it.

La jumelle
I’m so glad we’re talking more lately. I’ve missed you, but we’ve both changed, circumstances changed, and I’m glad that we still have that connection, though possibly not as strong as it once was. Again, I probably wouldn’t be the person I am today if I didn’t have you. I’m so proud to share a birthday with you.

La meilleure amie
I honestly don’t know what I do without you. You are so beautiful and I hope you know that. Whenever I need you, you’re always there for me and always have been. I know that, whatever is happening, that I can depend on you, and I feel equal, not leeching off you, not guilty, and yet I probably should. You’re my cool head when I’m irrational, you’re one of the few people who isn’t afraid of telling me when I’m being stupid, and I have a you-voice in my head. If I’ve known him for a long time, I’ve known you for longer because we’ve been friends for so much of it. I’m glad for it and I’m so sorry for being selfish.

L’insomniaque
I love that we can come together and bounce worries off each other and somehow feel better in the end. I know that I can count on you to be there to talk to you, no matter what time of the night. (That being said, I hope you’re asleep.) I love that you’re practically the only girl I keep in touch with. Is it too selfish to want you back here, so we can see each other, even though I know we probably won’t? Go to sleep!

L’inquiet
Your love for us amazes me. I don’t know how you can go on the way you do. The way you juggle all of your commitments and yet still make the time to get to know each and every one of us inspires me. I want to be more like you.

La chanteuse
I’m so sorry we haven’t talked as much this year. I love that you make such an effort to still keep in touch, I love you for generally being awesome and for giving it ago, even with your swimming analogies. Last year would not have been the same without you, and I would go back there, just so that I can have you again. I will always be here to listen and I’ll try to be more easily accessable this term.

La soeur
Even though people assume that we’re not that close, we kinda are, but not really. It’s odd. It’s a weird relationship, but I’m glad I have you. You’re like a buffer, or a buoy – almost everything is alright after a rant. Oh… and you supply me with pb m&m’s. Who could ask for more?

Le fils
If you worry, I worry too. I feel like I’ve been neglecting you for… other things. And I’m sorry. I’ll talk more, I promise. You’re growing up so fast, and I can’t keep up with you! I know this year’s different from the last, but I hope we won’t grow apart because of it. You’re a dear, and you make me smile with your harmonies and persistant hope that you’ll beat him one day. Keep dreaming, my dear, maybe one day…

La belle
I’ve really only gotten to know you recently, but what I have seen I’ve loved. I hope we can be better friends, because you’re gorgeous and I want to be there for you and be able to know you well enough to know what to say.

Tim: You're not thin... yet.
Von: *splutters incoherantly*
Tim: No, it's ok. You're on a diet... right?

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by vonbon @ 11:18 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 :: love :: | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.

Yvonne a.k.a. Von, Mum, Che [姐](Dot), Dada[大大] (Dan), Vonnie, Yv (Ling), Vonnles (which is how Trudy spells it), Vonnals (which is how Jasmine spells it), Von Bon (Ann), Bon Bon (my grandma), Mommy (Nick, who is not very subtle with his hinting), ィヴォン, ボンボンちゃん

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, in your name I will lift up my hands psalm63.1-4

:: brown hair :: brown eyes :: asian skin :: asian eyes :: asian glasses :: short :: short :: short :: shy :: paranoid :: noisy :: bouncy when i want to be :: gullible :: procrastinator :: perfectionist :: maker-of-dodgy-cookies :: writer-of-dodgy-songs :: dodgy-singer-of-good-songs :: eater-of-almost-everything :: reader-of-almost-everything :: writer-of-almost-nothing :: daughter :: big sister :: little sister :: mum :: friend :: doll ::


le futur
:: saturday the 11th ::
5pm.choir
7pm.yf

:: sunday the 12th ::
joyce's birthday
9am.church
11.30am.joyce's birthday lunch
3pm.lulu's choir recital

:: monday the 13th ::
3pm.working

:: wednesday the 15th ::
6pm.work meeting

:: thursday the 16th ::
linguistics transcription assignment due.

:: friday the 17th ::
french writing exercice #2 due.
international ball.
40h famine.

:: saturday the 18th ::
40h famine.

les langues
la lecture
bavarder



les copains
je vous promis
  • Spend a considerable amount of time with God every day
  • No swearing
  • Exercise at least 3 times a week
  • Von-time for reflection every month -- analyse how I react to things and people, how close I'm getting to people, etc.
  • No lying
  • Be more joyful and caring
  • Be less selfish
  • Be more subtle
  • Be more conscientious with money
  • Get a job
  • Keep said job
  • Keep in touch with grammar girls
  • Join a gym
  • Speak Canto with Lynn
  • Speak French with Nay
  • Don't lose my languages
  • Save up money to visit Rach in America
  • Keep up piano
  • Spend less time on the internet
  • Coffee with Meera and Lynn once a month if Meera's in Canberra
  • Looooong walks with Lynn
  • Be sensible -- set boundaries and don’t break them
  • Be a better daughter
  • Keep in touch with (and visit) Mutsumi
  • Start reading again
  • Finish Emma and Mansfield Park
  • Read a Shakespeare play
  • Journal more frequently
  • Consider keeping a written journal
  • Don't depend so much on other people
  • Make time for Lynn, Meera and Nay
  • Keep in touch with Grammar people -- esp. Lulu and Claire
  • Weekly/monthly Grammar coffees
l'imparfait
the ghost of christmas past...
grâce à ...

make money online blogger templates